A Safe Workplace
Effective management or control of a workplace means ensuring (so far as is reasonably practicable) that there
are no health and safety risks to anyone from the workplace or when entering or exiting a workplace. A workplace
can include a office, warehouse, factory, home office, vehicle, vessel, aircraft, mobile structure or any installation on water
that a worker might be at while at work. Below is the requirements from the WHS Act & Regulations for a safe workplace If
you are an employer or business (or other PCBU) with management or control of a workplace you should:
- . consult with workers to ensure the workplace is.
- . consult, cooperate and coordinate with other duty holders who also have a shared responsibility to ensure work health and safety
- . maintain the workplace and facilities in a safe condition
- . implement appropriate procedures for workers who work in remote or isolated worksites
- . prepare, implement and practise emergency plans for controlled evacuations in emergencies
If you are an employer or business (or other PCBU ) with management or control of fixtures, fittings or plant you must
ensure the safety of any person in the workplace. Plant includes:
- . any machinery, equipment, appliance, container, implement and tool
- . any component of any of those things
- . anything fitted or connected to any of those things.
Ensuring all of these factors actually are of complying standards takes either a experienced person who knows what is
required or an enormous amount of your and or you teams time to do what they think is best and then still run the risk it
may not be correct. The benefits of having an external support source such as CSA is that you are not paying for a full time
person, we work on site with you to develop the best program that suits your business and your team at the most time and
cost effective manner.